Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Selling Binney!


It was sad to see him go, we had a lot of good times over the year, but it needed to be done! Jax did a really nice job getting him all cleaned up and photo'd for the ads, and we had some interested emails for a few weeks before we got to Auckland, but then it got crazzzzy.

This guy had offered $3500 for him (we listed for $4500 originally) without seeing, which I thought was weird. But I met up with him anyways and he quickly discovered all of Binney's secret little problems, but still offered $3500. Ok, guy is probably right... And I really wanted to come home early w/ Jax, so I accepted his $3500 offer eventually after some negotiation attempts (I suck at this!). He offered a deposit right then since the banks were about to close, but I said it was ok, I'd come back tomorrow and we could do it then, it worked out better logistically anyways!

So off I went, I changed my plane ticket to the next day (when Jax was leaving) and went out to visit our Auckland friends! It was wonderous to be coming home! Wee! Then we got a text from the guy: His wife had spent the money. Damnit. I thought then as I do now that he was just scamming us. I wonder what would've happened if I took his deposit?? Anyways, next morning comes around and we don't really know what we're going to do, but we have things to get Dexter onto the plane to do first and then we'd worry more... Guy from the day before texts saying he "found" $2000, would that be ok? Screw off, asshole. :)

Just as we're dropping off Dexter I get a text from another interested buyer who wanted to see the van right then. Gladly! We take off across the city and show it to a really nice couple who own an antique store. They hum and haw for a bit and eventually offer $3200, which we jump on! How fast can we give this van away zomg! So we do all the money transferring and title switching, and they ask when our flight home is.. "Oh, about 4 hours from now!"... muahaha.

We ended up walking to the nearby bank, depositing the money, and waiting there with all our remaining luggage for a cab to take us to our flight home. It had worked out, Binney had a new home! :D

In memoriam: http://binneythevan.info/

No comments:

Post a Comment